Friday 17 August 2012

Peter Costello's comments: music to my ears

You never never know where your next endorsement is coming from!

Today, I had the pleasure of attending a Townsville Enterprise Limited Breakfast along with approximately 270 local business people to hear the key findings of the recent Commission of Audit into the Queensland Governments' financial situation. The key note speaker and Commission Chairman, the Hon. Peter Costello outlined the situation facing the new government in relation to its huge deficit.

I gave him my card............I  wonder  if  he  is  a potential  client?
The take home message was 'if you are in a deep hole, Rule #1 is to 'stop digging'...so currently the government is stabilising the debt situation & developing strategies to reduce the huge debt burden...not an easy task...either reduce spending or increase taxes or do both..none of which is terribly popular.

Music to my ears moment:

During question time Mr Costello was asked about the key issues he saw that faced not only Queensland but Australia generally. No 1 was health & No2 was infrastructure.

He urged all Australians to take personal responsibility for their own health because as we know with an aging population with higher medical costs and a smaller tax-paying workforce future governments of all persuasions will face enormous challenges to fund the burgeoning health care costs.

So we heard it from the Treasurer who successfully delivered 12 Federal Budget....when will you take this suggestion on board & act on it?

BTW: I took  the opportunity to re-acquaint myself with Mr Costello as I have had the pleasure of taking him on a field trip in 2006 to visit  teak plantations on west Guadalcanal when I was SIFMP Team Leader . An interesting experience to spend time with a prominent Australian politician. We briefly reminisced about life & times in Solomon Islands.

Contact me if you want to have a conversation & take action that will change your life in a positive way.

Regards

Rossco,

Getting better & wiser not older.

No comments:

Post a Comment