Friday 13 July 2012

You can’t turn back the clock but you can wind it up!

I was inspired by the Diabetes Queensland presentation I attended this morning. Well done to Dianne & Jess for the professional & passionate way you delivered the vital messages associated with Diabetes Awareness Week.

1 in 4 people are estimated to have or will have type II diabetes over the next decade. A totally avoidable dis-EASE. 

If you want to get a global perspective on the scale of the diabetes epidemic we are facing go to the TEDMED.com site & watch Dr Mark Hyman’s presentation. Dr Hyman is one of the USA’s foremost doctors & has advised President Obama on health care issues in America. He has a great style & very compelling story to tell, especially his ‘skinny chicken story’ in Haiti after the devastating earthquake.


NB: TED.com is an inspiring site all-round if you want to be uplifted by your fellow human beings.

Mum’s deserve attention 2!

Today I also met with 2 very energetic young businesswomen who are developing ‘chic nappy bags for the modern woman’ (check out totalbagenvy.com.au) for their great products. We ‘brain-stormed’ & laughed over ‘health & fitness programs for young & busy Mum’s’ which came up with a heap of ideas..so if any Mum’s are reading this blog & have some suggestions please contact me…we developed some hilarious routines to allow Mum’s from free / escape..like doing ‘dips in the dunny’, baby squats etc..I can see a whole new circuit class coming from this!

Downtime is well deserved.

In the meantime have a great weekend & I am on my bike this weekend plus taking in some cool jazz on The Strand on Sunday afternoon. Gotta love life….especially when you have abundant energy.

At 55 I feel more alive than ever..and looking forward to the next 55 cos’ I still have heaps to do & see.

Please contact me if you want a hand ‘winding up your clock’..I have a great key available to you..it will change your life for the better I can assure you.

Rossco

No comments:

Post a Comment