Wednesday 5 September 2012

Mood and Food

Do you struggle with your mood?

I am rapidly confirming my belief that a lot of mental health issues we are facing in Australia is related to the effects of chronic stress.

And guess what?

I also am becoming more convinced that a lot of our disease (both mental, physical and emotional) can be cured by eating food that comes from plants & animals with minimal processing.

I have just completed a 2 day Mental Health First Aid course developed by my co-bike riders Betty K. & Tony J from the Great Aussie Bike Ride in 2009.

Great course & given me greater insight into the battles 20% of our population face sometime in their life..the debilitating effects of depression, anxiety or other forms of mental illness.

Do you know someone who suffers?

Remember A.L.G.E.E. the first aider's response acronym.

I recommend everyone do this great course.

Rossco

Getting better, wiser, more empathetic but not older!

No comments:

Post a Comment